Thursday, May 26, 2016

Life Goes On

It has been so long since I have updated. Things have been so very crazy lately. I am still chucking along with this journey. We are still softballin' it up. Life has also gotten in the way. I had to give up two of my precious fur babies because I just did not have the time to care for them with working and everything else. My little baby Snoop found a good home with a loving family. And my little Doby went to live with a lady that has other dogs for him to play with. It took so much time for me to find them a proper home with people that I found suitable for their personality. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Those were more than just pets, they were my children. I have been informed by doctors that it is next to impossible for me to carry a pregnancy full term so I turned to raising little pups. Having to give them up just made me feel like a failure; as a pet owner and as a woman. My husband tries to console me but it really doesn't help. I don't tell him that, but it is just hard to watch these women all around me who shouldn't be having children get pregnant on accident and I can't even do it on purpose. So, I focus on my health. I channel all of that energy into making myself better because what else can I do? That is why I do the job that I do, because I need to feel like I am capable of making a difference. I don't do it for the glory, I do it because sometimes you just don't know what people are feeling and there are times that they just need someone to be there, silently listening. That's what I focus on. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. But I keep chucking along. I try to inspire some one, I try to be the best me that I can possibly be. Sometimes, that's all a person has....

No comments:

Post a Comment